The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic presents a host of extraordinary challenges to employers. On March 19, 2020, Governor Newsom signed Executive Order N-33-20, effectively a “Stay Home” order, in an attempt to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In this compliance guide, you will find information on the following:
- Clarify the scope of ‘critical infrastructure’ which are exceptions to Governor Newsom’s “Stay Home” Order
- Clarify ‘Essential Services’ with Mayor Garcetti’s “Safer at Home” Order
- Managing your workforce with guidance on how to: handle continuing operations; furloughs; and lay-offs
- Proper paperwork and notices to provide to your employees
- New coronavirus relief laws for employees such as: emergency paid sick leave, emergency FMLA, and unemployment benefit eligibility
- And more...