DOL Increase Civil Penalty Amounts for 2021
civil monetary penalties that may be assessed on employers for violations
of a wide range of federal laws, including:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA);
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); and
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
penalties for inflation, no later than Jan. 15 of each year. Key penalty
increases include the following:
- The maximum penalty for violations of federal minimum wage or
overtime requirements increases from $2,050 to $2,074 per
- The maximum penalty for failing to file a Form 5500 for an
employee benefit plan increases from $2,233 to $2,259 per day.
- The maximum penalty for violations of the poster requirement
under the FMLA increases from $176 to $178 per offense.
If you would like to continue reading or download this 3-page article in its entirety, please fill out the form below.
Combined HR Services provides practical human resources information and guidance based upon our experience in the industry and our experience with our clients. Combined HR Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Combined HR Services are designed to provide general information to human resources and/or business professionals regarding human resources situations commonly encountered. Given the changing nature of federal, state and local legislation and the changing nature of court decisions, Combined HR Services cannot and will not guarantee that the information is completely current or accurate. Combined HR Services do not include or constitute legal, business, international, regulatory, insurance, tax or financial advice.